Happiness depends not on your number of free hours but on how you spend whatever time you have. This was a header to an article by Catherine Hong “How to Be Less Busy”. This headline really caught my attention. It is so true but we don’t need to make our To Do List our priority.
Your To Do List
Your To Do List will always be there . . . . . The items on your list are Never Ending, but our lives do have an expiration date. So what you busy yourself with is Up To You. What do you really want to do with your life? Your Happiness Depends on You.
When is your expiration date? None of us know for sure. We just keep living as if we have infinite time. But we don’t! How do you want to spend your hours, days, weeks, years? What do you want between your dashes? Happiness depends on You!
What Is Between Your Dash
Happiness depends on what you put between your dash! Stop and really assess who and what is important to YOU!
What will be between your dash?
- Accept the fact that you will never completely do everything on your To Do List.
- Say Yes to the things you really want to do and not what is expected of you.
- Learn to say NO to things you are only doing to please someone else
- Start out with the items on your To Do List that you least want to do. Once that is done you will feel some momentum to work “smarter not harder”
- Plug in FUN TIME on your list. This is so IMPORTANT. As the saying goes all work and no play makes Jane a dull girl.
One Size Does Not Fit All
Just like organizing and minimalizing what you have you must find out what works for You! Everyone is different and a one size fits all approach will not work. If one way of keeping “a list” does not work then find another alternative that works for you. Calendars with notes, To Do Lists, Mobile Apps such as Evernote, Taskito, Any.co and many others options are available. Remember: Happiness Depends on You.
Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.